I felt like their should be a blog entry for the few brave souls who ventured to the Great Stupa.
Last Saturday a few members of the BBC took the show on the road and disguised ourselves as tourists in search of Colorado’s Shrine to the Buddha, known only as the Great Stupa (Joel wondered if there was a lesser stupa, but was ultimately left mystified). Things we learned/discussed along the way.
– the differences between Buddhists and Mormons
– the magnificent drama of small town life
– the philosophy of parenting
– hybrid cars are cooler than any other form of entertainment
– is “the moon and antartica” the best modest mouse album to date
– would you consider Herman Hesse a good Buddhist
– why are there so many platforms scattered throughtout the woods surrounding the Stupa
– are Buddhists bothered by tourists
– ten foot silk flags are the most effective way to mark a trail
Thanks for all who participated in our trek for spiritual enligtenment, and here’s hoping that more road trips are in the offing.